In a previous blog called “Self-Talk” we learned that your self-talk is related to what you believe you can or cannot accomplish in life. If you want to move forward and live a life with positive results, it has to start with positive self-talk. Let’s discuss self-talk in more detail by analyzing the function of both the conscious and the subconscious mind. This is an important element to understand because it relates to your thoughts which is connected to your self-talk.
The conscious mind is the part of your mind that thinks and reasons, and makes everyday decisions. Most of us are fairly aware of our conscious thoughts as the conscious mind includes everything that is within our awareness.
The subconscious mind consists of everything that is currently not in your conscious mind. It stores all of your previous life experiences, beliefs, memories, skills, all the situations you’ve been through, and all images you’ve ever seen. It is important to be aware of our subconscious thoughts because the subconscious mind is running the show and, unfortunately, most people are unknowingly playing negative messages in their subconscious mind. Many of us tend to hold onto our old negative thoughts and self images because they are within our comfort zone. We become accustomed to our familiar concepts of reality, and tend to allow our subconscious beliefs of inadequacy, fear, and doubt to hinder our success. In order to living a winning life, you must be willing to release your negative mental programming and step out of your comfort zone to make room for a positive, healthy belief system and self image. This will allow you to more easily and effectively attract the positive energy and experiences that you desire in your life. Beliefs can be changed through meditation, visualization, positive self-talk, and other behavioral modifications. As you know, the thoughts you choose determine the course of your life but with practice, you can learn to direct your thoughts and self-talk to only those that will support the manifestation of your dreams and goals.
Some of you may be thinking that you need some support in reprogramming your subconscious mind so that you can live the life of your dreams. This is where coaching comes in. My job as a coach is to provide you with more focus and awareness and help accelerate your life progress. Together, we can identify those negative thoughts or self-images that can be blocking you from achieving the results you want in life through my DREAM Coaching Process outlined below.
- Discover – Here, we will identify your life values and beliefs that you currently live by. We will also begin to identify what is possible in your life.
- Redefine –At this point, you will identify your life purpose, create a life mission statement, and clearly identify the direction you desire for your life to be headed. You will be able to clearly articulate your dreams in all areas of your life after completing this step
- Examine – In this step we will identify beliefs and/or obstacles that may be hindering you from living your dream life and work on removing those obstacles. We will focus on making the adjustments needed in your life to be the person you need to be to live the life of your dreams.
- Aspire –Aspire means to have great ambition, to soar, or to strive toward an end or an ultimate goal. During this step, you will identify goals that must be accomplished to live your dream life. We will also work on an action plan and tasks that need to be completed to get you to where you want to be.
- Manifest – To manifest means to reveal or make an appearance. After successful completion of Steps 1-4, this is where you will begin to see your dreams come true in your life. This is the stage where we begin to celebrate your success.
If you are interested in learning more about my coaching services, please contact me, Angela Spears, at email@example.com.
Dream Quote of the Day
Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go…purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything…whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.