As 2013 is coming to a close, I want to share with you some questions I ask myself at the close of each year. I am adamant about reflecting, setting goals and measuring progress at the end of each year and even all year round. I encourage you to reflect on 2013 and prepare for 2014 by answering the following questions. Share some of your responses in the comments as a way to encourage and inspire each other (including me) in the upcoming year.
1. Reflect on your experiences in 2013.
- What were your highs?
- What were your lows?
- What can learn from each high and low?
2. What goals did you accomplish? Be sure to celebrate your successes.
3. What goals did you not accomplish? Why?
4. What do you want to do differently in 2014? Below are some examples…
- Bring a newer, more positive attitude
- Spend more time with my family
- Do more things for me…
5. What do you want to leave behind in 2013?
6. What are your 2014 goals? Be sure they are very specific and measureable.
- Why are these goals important to you?
- What would it mean for your life if you accomplished these goals?
7. What action steps do you need to take in order to accomplish your 2014 goals?
- What skills do you need to develop?
- Who do you need to become in order to achieve your 2014 goals?
- How will you measure your progress?
8. Where do you expect to be in your life by the end of 2014?
I encourage you to spend time answering these questions to prepare for and focus on the upcoming year. These are activities I complete every year and am amazed at what I have been able to accomplish and learn each year. Some years are better than others, but having a plan in place is the first important step.
If you need support in living your dream life, I am here to support you as a coach. Check out my website at www.dreamlivingcoach.com or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a complimentary introductory coaching session.
As 2013 is coming to a close, I want to thank you for your support. No matter what your year was like, I hope you learned a lot in 2013 and will use it to build momentum for the upcoming year. May 2014 Be your Best Year Yet!
On another note, one of my personal dreams came true in 2013. I am officially a published author. You can purchase the e-book version of my new Dream Living Journal on amazon. The journal outlines some of the steps required to help identify, articulate, and achieve your dreams. The hard copy will be available within the next few weeks. Thanks for your support!
Cheers and Here’s to your Dream Living.
All the Best,
Angela Spears, Dream Living Coach