This year has been one filled with many ups and some downs for many that I know. If you want to end the year on top and go into the new year with a vengeance, here are some tips from a few different perspectives.
Maybe you are the person who had a great year and want to end the year with positive motivation to carry you into the new year. My tips for you are to:
- Reflect and Celebrate. Reflect on what you have accomplished, acknowledge your accomplishments and take some time celebrate your accomplishments if you haven’t already. It might be as simple as going to dinner with friends, or big like throwing a celebration party. Celebrate in a way the best suits you and be sure to make it a memorable experience.
- Brainstorm ideas for where you want to be in the new year. Go somewhere out of your normal environment to help you to come up with some innovative ideas. The sky is the limit.
- Prioritize and Plan. Prioritize your top goals for the year. Don’t forget to write down your goals and corresponding action plans and get ready to execute them at the start of the year. Get a head start this year if you can to build momentum and excitement for the new year.
- Visualize your success. Make this a daily practice now if you haven’t already. Visualize your future and believe that you will achieve all that you set out to accomplish.
Maybe you don’t know where to start. My tips for you are to:
- Identify your dream. What have you always dreamed of being or doing in your life? What do you love to do so much that you would enjoy it even if you didn’t get paid? Spend some time here and write down what comes to mind.
- Put together a vision board. Find some poster board, get out your old magazines, scissors and glue stick and put together a vision board that illustrates your dream life.
- Set goals. Create goals and corresponding action steps that will make the most impact toward your goals to get you going.
- Take action. Set your goals in motion by taking daily action steps that
- will get your closer to your goals.
If you need more guidance, be sure to check out my Dream Living Journal which walks you through the steps needed to get you to where you want to be.
Click the image to the right for information about where to find my Dream Living Journal.
Suppose you had a challenging year? How do you end the year on a positive to get motivated into the New Year?
I can certainly relate to this because the past couple of years have been some of the most challenging of my life. Here are some steps I took to get through.
- Deal with the past and leave it there. Acknowledge what happened, deal with it and move forward the best way you know how. It might take some time but the sooner you deal with it the sooner you will get past it. Get help if you need whether it is talking it out with friends, engaging a therapist or even a coach to support you. I engaged all three and they all helped me tremendously. If you need a coach, feel free to contact me via my website, dreamlivingcoach.com to discuss how I can help you.
- Be grateful. We always have something to be grateful for. After the tragedy I experienced last year, we had so many friends and family who showed up in our lives to support us. I truly never realized how loved we are and I am grateful for that and always will be.
- Find something that will motivate you to move forward. It might be a hobby, surrounding yourself with loved ones, listening to someone who inspires you, etc. Whatever it is, find and it meditate on it, not on the challenges you endured.
- Make plans for an exciting new year. Set goals and take action.
I hope that all will find a way to end this year on a positive and get ready for an exciting new year.
Reach for the Stars and Here’s to Your Dream Living!
Dream Living Coach, Angela Spears